A Hands-On Review of Amazon's Kindle
Kindle eBook Pricing

The Rejecter: A Publishing Blog with an Attitude

RejectI can't remember when I first discovered this blog but it's one I'm enjoying more and more each week.  It's called The Rejecter and it's written by an assistant at a literary agency.  As she notes (and yes, the author is a "she", at least according to the blog's profile), "I am the first line of defense for my boss. On average, I reject 95% of the letters immediately and put the other 5% in the "maybe" pile."  The blog's subtitle is "I don't hate you. I just hate your query letter."  Gotta love the attitude!

I'm a big fan of sarcasm but you might be put off by the snarky comments.  Don't be.  This blog is loaded with great info.  For example, here's an excellent post covering the financials from the agency side of the business.  If you've always wanted to take a peek at the world from an agent's point of view, this is the blog for you.


Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)