My good friend Larry Genkin at Blogger & Podcaster magazine recently sent me some information about a special deal for readers of my blog. Here's what he had to say:
USA Today is about to get behind Bloggers & Podcasters in a big way with the launch of The Blogger & Podcaster Guide this Wednesday (think TV Guide for blogs/podcasts for mainstream consumers.) This will be the first time our industry can reach beyond early adopters and reach such a large mainstream group of people (5,200,000 daily in print and 10,400,000 unique visitors daily online) to grow our audiences.
So we can put our best foot forward, with enough critical mass of listings to give a positive user experience, I wanted to allow you to offer all of your readers and authors a free month in the online Blogger & Podcaster guide to promote their content (Regularly $49.95 per month). There is no obligation whatsoever, and if they'd like to continue on promoting their blog/podcast after the free month we'll give them a 20% discount for being a "friend of Joe's".
Interested? If so, here's how to take advantage of this offer:
1) Go to www.bloggerandpodcaster.com
2) Select "New User" and go through 6 Step registration process
3) In "Step 2" be sure to enter 'Wikert'
in Coupon Code box under Option #4. Then click "Option #4". If you
don't enter this code, you're going to be charged the regular
Information you should have handy to register is:
- Blog/Podcast Name
- Website URL
- Brief Description (Print only): You can have 75 characters total -- including spaces & punctuation – between your URL and description
- Detailed Description (400 characters max – including spaces & punctuation – for online guide)
- RSS Feed
- iTunes Feed (Podcasts only – Not mandatory):
For info go to http://www.apple.com/itunes
- Up to 10 Keywords related to your blog/podcasts (Not mandatory): Used for search and placements as relevant material on USATODAY.com
- Logo/Album Art (Not Mandatory)