Curses to Jim Minatel and David Meerman Scott for pulling me into this blogging chain letter. In the interest of being a good sport though, here are 5 things you probably don't know about me:
- I'm not a native Hoosier, although I've lived here long enough to feel like I was born here. I was actually born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA, left home to attend Purdue University and never wound up going back.
- I was a programmer/systems analyst in a former life. I worked on a couple of different point-of-sale systems at NCR in Dayton, OH back in the 1980's. I couldn't see myself slinging code for the next 30 years, hence the career change.
- I always have been, and will forever be, a huge fan of '70's music (which Jim often makes fun of me for). Let's face it...Led Zeppelin, The Who and Lynyrd Skynyrd (to name a few) are timeless. Do you really think anyone will be listening to Justin Timberlake 30 years from now?!
- I used to play the drums. Mostly high school and garage band stuff, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm delighted that my son also got the bug and is already about ten times better at it than I ever would have been.
- I own a horse. Well, technically, even though I might have bought it, my wife and daughter are the ones who ride it. They get loads of enjoyment out of it, which makes it worth every penny.
OK, now it's time to drag other victims into this game: Cecil Vortex, Mike Banks, Gary Varvel, Mike Miller and Jay Height, tag, you're it!