It's appropriate that I use this first entry to thank the two people who got me into blogging: Robert Scoble and Shel Israel. Robert is the author of the extremely popular Scobleizer blog which provides insights to his life as a technical evangelist at Microsoft. Shel's blog, ItSeemstome is all about "Technology, Society and Where They Intersect". Together, Robert and Shel are writing a book on blogging for my employer, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to be associated with them on this project. Look for the latest information on their book at The Red Couch .
In the coming months I plan to use this blog as a vehicle to discuss a number of things that I'm passionate about:
- The business of publishing, specifically, books on technology
- The technology of publishing and where we're heading
- Gadgets, gizmo's and the world of personal technology
- Business challenges, lessons learned, lumps I've taken
- Family happenings
- Sports, sports and more sports, especially baseball (Go Yankees !)
I hope you'll contribute to the upcoming observations and opinions.